This position is now closed, but keep your eyes peeled for future opportunities!
We’re hiring a Junior Game Scout!
Love indie games? Have great organisational and communication skills? Read on!
Our Game Scout team is expanding, and we’re looking for someone to help us hunt for awesome indie games! PLEASE NOTE: This is an entry-level role! Perfect for someone looking to start their career in the games industry.
Junior Game Scout
Chief Executive Officer
£25k + 30% annual bonus
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Junior Game Scout will assist the existing Game Scouts in identifying and signing developers to bolster Fireshine Games’ content portfolio. This includes evaluating incoming game pitches and requires subsequent internal pitching with the ultimate goal of signing said titles.
This is a rare opportunity to help define the next generation of incredible titles from Fireshine Games and our partners.
The successful candidate will not only have a keen eye for exciting opportunities but will also have a clear understanding of current market trends. A love for video games – and indie games in particular – is essential.
This is a hybrid role – candidate must be able to travel to office in London, UK.
• Evaluate incoming game pitches alongside Game Scouts in line with Fireshine Games’ current and future publishing strategies.
• Research relevant competitor landscapes to strengthen and validate potential business opportunities ahead of internal pitches.
• Prepare and pitch selected games to the wider Fireshine Games business while demonstrating the financial opportunity at hand.
• Process internal team feedback to determine next steps for each pitched title.
• Collaborate with Sales and Production teams to create ROI in order to confirm financial viability and sales opportunity of projects.
• Facilitate ongoing discussions between Fireshine Games and potential development partners.
• Prepare relevant documentation required for internal greenlight of proposed projects and work with senior management team to confirm potential publishing offers.
• Attend games industry events as required, both to represent Fireshine Games, but also to meet new and current development partners.
• Maintain relationships with developers and business partners long-term and keep them updated on Fireshine Games and what we’re looking for.
• Monitor games industry trends and developments to help identify future business development opportunities for Fireshine Games.
• Monitor upcoming 3rd-party game releases to identify opportunities for physical game releases, in addition to our digitally published titles.
Contract Negotiation and Handover
• Present and negotiate Fireshine Games’ publishing deal terms ahead of signature.
• Work with Fireshine Games’ COO and company lawyer to make any potential adjustments to the language within our contract agreements, when required.
• Facilitate project handover to wider Fireshine Games team post-signature as required.
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS
CEO and Game Scouts.
KEY EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Potential development partners, event organisers, and other industry contacts.
• Previous experience in similar role a bonus, but not required.
• Knowledge of the games industry and latest trends.
• Experience with prioritization, multi-tasking and problem solving.
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and closely with team members across all disciplines when required.
• Some knowledge of game development processes is preferred.
• Organized, detail-oriented and resourceful.
• Ability to maintain long-term connections with potential partners.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively and have the credibility and gravitas to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
• Efficient time-management skills.
• A good understanding of new technologies and general developments within the gaming industry and the ability to adapt and change accordingly.
• A resilient person with strong ethics and reliability.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment with a varied workload, and enjoys “rolling up their sleeves” and working as part of a team to deliver against deadlines.
• Love for indie games and culture.
ABOUT FIRESHINE GAMES
A digital and boxed publisher with over 20 years of global expertise. Fireshine Games, formally Sold Out, publishes indie gems including Core Keeper, MechWarrior, Shadows of Doubt, and Gestalt, just to name a few.
We enjoy working with talented indie developers and publishers including Piranha Games, Team 17, Rebellion, Frontier Developments, Neowiz, No More Robots, Pugstorm, and many more.
We’re part of global gaming giant EG7. The group is headquartered in Stockholm with approximately 835+ employees in 18 companies worldwide. Fireshine Games is headquartered in London, UK.
Fireshine Games is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
How to apply
Interested in this role? We’d love to hear from you! Please email K.A at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for this position and a bit about yourself.