MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is available on PC (through Steam, Epic Games Store, and GoG), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|X.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is available on both PC Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass. The game is also available on Xbox Cloud Gaming, through Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
If you are experiencing problems with compatibility on Xbox consoles when using Physical copies of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, please submit a support ticket below and our customer support team will assist you.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is available in the following languages. Please note that game audio is only presented in English.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries has the following age ratings:
- ESRB – T
- PEGI – 12
- USK – 12
- OFLC – M
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries – JumpShip Edition includes MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries including the year one update and the New Legendary update featuring melee and Mech switching, the first DLC Heroes of the Inner Sphere, and the Legend of the Kestrel Lancers Expansion. Step inside the JumpShip Edition to experience everything MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries has to offer.
The official MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries soundtrack is available for purchase with the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. An upgrade to this version is also available to purchase separately.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit versions)
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7100/AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770/AMD Radeon R9 280X
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 55 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Broadband internet connection is needed to play and host Co-op games. Internet Connection is NOT Required for Single player once the game is downloaded.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries can be played single-player, or in PVE online Co-Op with 1-4 players.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries supports crossplay on all currently released platforms, using the invite system available in co-op mode.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries supports both Steam Achievements, Xbox Acheivements, and PlayStation Trophies.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries has 3 purchasable extra content packs:
- Digital Extras Pack – Digital Extras content includes the MW5: Mercenaries Soundtrack consisting of 25 tracks & the Heroes of the Inner Sphere Soundtrack with 14 tracks. The Digital Extras content also includes a selection of hi-res artwork and renders for desktop & mobile and a 58-page Tech Manual outlining Mech stats.
- Heroes of the Inner Sphere Expansion Pack – In Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, we’ve opened up the Mercenary experience with the new Career mode and packed the Inner Sphere with new content to discover. With the New Career mode, you can start a career from scratch or import your progress from MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries. Work to establish your Mercenary Company while exploring the rebalanced Inner Sphere with New Warzones and Hubs to discover. Find and Collect 7 New hero ‘Mechs and 7 New Chassis Types and 50 new ‘Mech variants for the base game. Customize all your ‘Mechs with new weapon systems and equipment! Experience the Beach Head Mode with Multiple objectives and incoming artillery fire to evade. Take the Fight to new planets on the Extra-Solar Moon Biome and Garrisons.
- Legend of the Kestrel Lancers – Join forces with House Davion’s Kestrel Lancers and experience first-hand the frontlines of the 4th Succession War. New linear campaign with unique mechanics, authored missions, and custom dialogue and cinematics. Experience All-Out-War scenarios with large-scale expansive combat in 7 new questlines and 10 new “battle” scenarios. Fight all new megacities, new biomes, new garrisons… and much more.
MechWarrior 5 is the first game to support the Epic Games Mod Manager. It can be accessed through the Epic Games Library by clicking on the three dots next to MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and clicking on Explore Mods. On the Steam client mods can be found in the Workshop tab of the MechWarrior 5 Community Hub. You can find more mods for all versions of the game on MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Nexus Mods Page. Check out this Modding Article on the Mod Editor for more info.
The following HOTAS are supported by default for the PC version of MW5:
- ThrustMaster T.16000M Joystick
- ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle
- ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X
- ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog
- Logitech Extreme 3D pro Joystick
- Saitek X52
- Saitek X52 Pro
- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals
- Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Stick
- Saitek Pro Flight X-56 Rhino Throttle
Most other models can be enabled using our HOTAS Mappings file following the instructions HERE.
The Xbox and PlayStation do not support HOTAS.